PRESS RELEASE: SL10B Community Celebration “Official” PHOTO CONTEST 1
SL10B Team is thrilled to announce its first of two-photo contest this year in celebration of Second Life 10th Birthday
The Second Life community encompasses many incredibly talented people from around the world who have displayed their skills in various forms across the grid over the past ten years. This year the SL10B Team thought – “What better way to involve the residents in the celebration than to hold two photo contests?” These will allow the Second Life community to be creative in expressing this year’s “Looking Forward, Looking Back” theme.
The enjoyment of photography to express yourself and to have fun is all you need to enter, with categories for photographs simply taken inworld, and photographs that have been edited out of world with software such as Photoshop, Gimp or getpaint.
Contest 1: BEFORE the Birthday Celebrations
Contest opens Friday May 3, 2013
Contest ends Thursday, June 6, 2013 midnight
HOW TO ENTER:
SL10B Second Life Community Celebration Photo Contest 1
Theme: “Looking Forward, Looking Back” Ten Years of Second Life
Photographs submitted by the second life community should illustrate SL10 theme “Looking Forward, Looking Back” over the past 10 years. Deadline for the contest: June 6th 2013.
– Submit a maximum of two photographs per avatar name
– Photos must NOT show the SL10B Community Celebration regions
– Explore the virtual world of second life community for the perfect picture that represents the theme.
– Pictures must be posted in the flickr group “SL10B Community Celebration Photo Contest”: http://www.flickr.com/groups/2188135@N20/
– Competitors must indicate whether the photograph is Category A (using only the tools available within the browser) or Category B (using tools outside the viewer, such as photo editing software).
– SL10B Celebration Team reserve the rights to use photograph submissions for event advertisement.
– Photos must be PG, make it family friendly keep it clean and FUN or risk disqualification.
– No text on photos.
– Deadline of submission of picture is June 6th, 2013, midnight SLT
HAVE FUN !!!
The SL10B community celebration is looking for volunteers, performers, DJ’s, stage crew, and exhibitors.
June 16-23 2013
Go to http://slcommunitycelebration.com/for sign up and more information.